Sunday, October 11, 2009

Adventures in Apple Picking


We continued the exploration of our new area with a trip to Apple Hill, a group of 56 apple farms and orchards (and lots of bakeries, to boot). We had a wonderful time, full of apple picking, cider drinking, and baked-good eating.

When the healthy point of your day is a hot dog, you know it's been a good day.






I think we've found a new Fear family Autumn tradition, although next year we'll have to start in September and squeeze a few more trips in before the season ends. There are a lot of apple pies to be made and consumed, you know!


Let the baking begin!

7 comments:

Jeremy said...

Ahem, from the *real* land of apples.... :)

And aren't apples more healthy than a hot dog? Or did you not actually consume your harvest?

Looks like fun, though the t-shirts and shorts are making me shiver with jealousy.

Terry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Fear Fam said...

Oh we ate apples Jeremy ... in the form of apple cider, apple doughnuts, apple pie ...

Gramma Betsy said...

What a great day....looks like everyone had fun....Miss you.
Mom

The Spencers said...

I am going up later this month! Cannot wait to explore. You have me craving everything apple now!

Chris and Rita said...

I love Autumn!
I wonder where Dexter got that shirt? hhmm

Sara said...

So fun! I wish this was close to us. Everyone I know in the Sac area is posting about Apple Hill. I am getting a little jealous about all that bounty you are partaking in!