Monday, September 14, 2009

Aurora Orange & More

Today was another painting day!

Bea, camouflaged in the tinted primer

The final product ... I give you, Aurora Orange!


I am very happy with it. It is bright and colorful - just what our upstairs hallway needed. We also decided we needed a fun way to bring the blue of the stairwell and the orange of the hallway together. And what could be more fun than polka dots?


We made a few stencils out of cardboard, traced a pattern on the wall, and hand-painted the circles. (By "we" I mean "mostly Jay," although I did some as well.) I love it! Every time I walk up the stairs or sit in my living room, I smile.

Now if only redecorating the rest of the house were that easy and inexpensive!

(P.S. - yes, that is Dexter in a princess dress. I think he's going to be a very well-rounded guy.)

16 comments:

Brenda said...

I love it so much that I want to cry for my lack of house to paint myself. I'm not sure if that last sentence was coherent, but you get the picture. The polka dots are my fave.

Powers Fam said...

That looks incredible!!! Love the polka dots and the orange is fabo...energizing. Kind of makes me wish I would have done orange in my craft room instead of the purple/blue I picked. That's what is so great about paint. It's easy to change. I bet it is really staring to feel like "home".

Jeremy said...

Nice, but you have no idea how hard it is for me to *not* make a Brady Bunch comment. :)

(But this is much classier, so I won't.)

The Fear Fam said...

Did the Brady's have polka dots? I don't recall. Anyway, if they did I'm sure they were puke green and burnt orange - much different. :)

Gramma Betsy said...

I love it!!! It turned out so nicely. Good job Jay and Amy!!
Miss you.
Mom

Chris and Rita said...

Come to Texas and help me!It looks awesome. I need your imagination....and Jay to paint the dots.

Anonymous said...

Love love love the colors and the polka dots!!!! What an ingenious paint segue! (Did I spell that right???)

The Spencers said...

I love the colors and the polka dots!!! You guys are so cute and so creative!

Scott said...

the polka dots are flat out amazing.

you're gonna look back at these pictures in 30 years and wonder what in the world you were thinking, and I'm sure your kids will make fun of how retro it is or something, but for now it's awesome. (and I don't think dex will be bringing the pictures at least...)

The Fear Fam said...

Very, very true, Scott! Although I'm sure they'd think that even if we went with a "Tuscan Villa" look. :)

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

Michelle said...

Looks great Amy! BTW, I am trying to start blogging more as you are no longer on FB...

Powers Fam said...

Amy-saw another Shabby Apple give away. http://thirtyhandmadedays.blogspot.com/2009/09/stroke-of-midnight.html

:)

thomalee said...

I LOVE it! The blue and orange look so good together. Good work. It was fun to see you on Saturday :)

Sara said...

How cheerful!!! I can tell you are loving your OWN place that you can paint away! The color scheme reminds me of my grandma's a little. ( not it a bad way!) She still is sporting the turquoise kitchen from the 50's.

The Fear Fam said...

I would love a turquoise kitchen, Sara!

Your Sis said...

It reminds me of the background of your blog. I love it!!! Very creative - I wish I had your interior decorating, sewing, card making talents.