Of course, none of us have ever gone on to make a duplicate of the cute scarf/purse/picture/vase/whatever, but today, all that has changed!
I bought Dexter a little boy tie on Etsy the other day, and when it arrived, my initial response was (say it with me) "I can make that for 5 bucks!" Of course, I only paid $8, but that is not the point. The point is that a few days ago I took the Etsy tie - which turned out to be a tad snug for Dex - and made a larger pattern out of it. Then I grabbed some fabric scraps and sewed away.
The Etsy version. It was the fabric that sold me.
My paisley version. Cost? Free.
Super easy! Now if only he'll wear it. It was quite a spectacle trying to convince him to put the Etsy one on last Sunday, but I prevailed. (As if there was any doubt.)


10 comments:
I'm really glad you made the paisley one, because I don't know if you noticed, but the first one has flowers on it. FLOWERS!
The first born son of OFFICER FEAR (scariest cop name in history of man) should not be wearing flower ties.
Now all you need to do is make a couple more free ties, and sell them for $7! (you also may want to consider not selling any flowery ones. except that first one you bought...) =)
I always catch myself saying the same thing"I can soooo make that". Sometimes I do and sometimes the supplies end up in my unfinished projects bin. Super cute tie! You should make those onesies with ties on them also.
Real men can pull off flowers, Scott. Everyone knows that. :)
Cute tie Amy....Maybe if you get Calvin to wear the flowered tie, Dex will want to follow suit by wearing the paisley.... (if Cal can do it...so can I kind of thing.) The question is, did the tie make it through Sacrament meeting?
Mom
Hey Mom - they actually both wore a tie on Sunday. Dex wore the paisley one, and Cal wore the Etsy one. They looked pretty cute if I do say so myself, and they both kept the ties on. We got some pictures just in case they never wear them again. :)
I have been making hooded bath towels latey for baby showers/gifts.
I'm trying to get crafty like my sis-in-law who lives in Orangevale, CA. (:
Post pictures on your blog, Rita!
Cute ties Amy. We will be in Sacramento for 2 weeks in October while Robert is at the academy. We would love to see you guys then!
I know....I've got to get on the ball and post pictures on my blog. My camera has been taped up one too many times and is on it's last leg.
I made Johnny a fire truck towel tonight and it is so cute.
Ok, I NEED to copy this idea of yours for my two little guys. I am bursting with excitement at the cuteness of those ties. I am sure your little men rocked them at church too! Post pics if you got them!!
Post a Comment