Thursday, April 16, 2009

A First For Me


My sister, Jennifer, and I attended a Tea Party protest yesterday. I have never attended a protest of any kind before, and it was a great experience! It was a peaceful, bipartisan event, and the support was amazing. There were about 1,500 people there, not to mention all the supportive horn-honking and thumbs-up from the cars driving by. Sometimes, it's just nice to know you're not the only one feeling the way you are feeling. 

I don't normally go into politics on my blog, and I have no plans to go into anything in depth, but I wanted to share this with you because, well, it *is* the year of  trying new things, and this certainly counts!


Me & My Sis. 
We're Right-Wing Extremists, doncha know. 


4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Good for you.

I'm working on a post about my non-participation (even though I support the central message).

You'll understand, as someone who came to know you and your sister in what... 1989... I was a bit floored by that picture of you two.

My, how we've all changed.

---

PS (and WAY off topic) - Speaking of 1989: My kids have been watching "The Pirates who don't do Anything" Vegitales movie and singing "Rock *Monster*". Yeah, they don't believe me that the original lyrics were "Rock Lobster" because that just wouldn't make sense.

So we listened to music that was sillier than Silly Songs with Larry.

The Fear Fam said...

Haha, Jer! My kids had the same reaction when I told them about Rock Lobster!

And yes, Jen & I have both changed quite a bit, haven't we? :)

Gramma Betsy said...

Good job Amy. I am proud of you.
Mom

Sara said...

So impressed!