Monday, April 27, 2009

High Praise

Earlier today Natalie came to me with some cut-up pieces of blue construction paper and a distraught look on her face. She was trying to make a Girl Scout apron for her beloved yellow bear (to match hers, you see), but after the third try, she was getting too frustrated.

We took the bear and the paper into the craft room to see what I could do. As I began to make repairs, Natalie and I chatted. I made the paper apron slightly too big and was adjusting the shoulders when she happily said, "You can just fix it with tape." I responded, "Oh, I think I'll sew it."

There was a pause. "You can sew PAPER?"

"Yep," I smiled.

Another pause, and Natalie looked at me in awe, "You're tricky, just like Grandma."

It was the best compliment I got all day. 

3 comments:

Chris and Rita said...

What a tricky Mom! Hey...I need a craft room!

Gramma Betsy said...

How sweet. (I am hoping I am the tricky one) Love you,
Mom

The Fear Fam said...

But of course, Mom! :)