Going from three kids to four kids is very hard**. I don't know how it's possible, since Calvin is only a couple months old, but four kids make 10 times more of a mess than three. And don't even get me started on the laundry situation. Then there is the
Now, to be fair to Ms. Osmond, I think the situation is made more difficult by the fact that Jay works 12-hour shifts, which means I am alone for dinnertime, AKA "the witching hour." You moms know exactly what I'm talking about. But more importantly, there is Dexter. He is not yet two years old, and therefore demands a disproportionate amount of my time and attention. In general he has taken the addition of Calvin well (he doesn't try to poke Cal's eyes out or anything), but he does take his frustration out on me quite regularly. He has recently taken to screaming at me, hitting me, and trying to grab the bottle whenever I am feeding Calvin. It is quite frustrating. I have had to put Dex in "time out" in his crib at least once per day (because mama doesn't tolerate hitting, for any reason). But I hate the way I am feeling about him right now, because I know it's not his fault.
Now, I don't want any of you to be alarmed. I am really doing OK and taking each day - each hour, actually - as it comes. And I know it will get easier as both Dexter and Calvin become more and more independent. But for now... I am worn out.
* No, Mormons don't really have patron saints.
**this post is not intended to scare you, Brenda. I'm 100% sure that you will handle four kids with your usual grace & style**


10 comments:
"Going from three kids to four kids is very hard."
I wouldn't know about having three, but four is way more work than we expected.
Doesn't it just have you counting the days until Jay's next vacation? I only have one and I have loved having Cliff home for dinner the last two weeks. Sadly, back to swings next week. Good luck finding balance Amy!
Yeah, Jer, jumping from 2 to 4 must have been a real shocker! I can only imagine.
I have heard the same thing about 3being harder than 4... but had a hard time believing that. Poor Dexter, he is just dealing with not being the baby boy anymore. You sound like you are doing a great job, and I am taking notes on the side for when our time comes to have 4...LOL
i'm a little late to the party here, but i love love love the new blog! i totally emailed that clever knuckle headers lady a few weeks ago because i want her to design my blog too! it looks rad and i literally laughed aloud when i read your new blog name. seriously. i'm still chuckling.
i love your blog, you're so clever, and calvin is adorable.
has jay ever told you how we used to talk and talk and talk and talk on the phone about nothing for hours? his phone number is still burned into my brain . . . 663 0363. he's so great and i'm glad he found someone as great as you.
LOL! Okay, that on kills me because I got to about this point in all my pregnancies (from #2 on) and think "why the H am I doing this again for". Abby is beyond difficult and I can absolutely empathize with you about the witching hour. I haven't even had the baby yet and I'm already sure Abby will pokes his/her eyes out. Time will tell.
I know exactly how you feel. Miles is 3 and he is reacting very similarly to Dex. Alot of lashing out and the potty training thing has pretty much gone out the window. I can't get him to poop in the toilet for anything. It's hard to know the reason for the outbursts, but it doesn't make it any easier. I just try to take it a minute at a time, and I'm trying really hard to be patient and react with love first. Good luck to both of us! :)
Oh no! This is what I have to look forward to come May when #4 enters our family. Great. j/k
I so know what you are talking about! Going from 2 kids to 3 was difficult. Going from 3 to 4 was even more difficult. Having 5 is DRIVING ME BONKERS!!! I feel for you - your sanity is in my prayers = ). Keep your chin up. You can only go insane to a certain point, right = )?!
A friend of mine used to nanny for Marie Osmond. That's what you need Amy, A NANNY. Then you could put as many potatoes as you want in the oven.
Post a Comment