Thursday, December 11, 2008

Week in (backwards) review

1. Calvin had his follow-up hearing test today and I am happy to say that he passed! I wasn't really worried, but it's nice to have it done nonetheless.

2. On Tuesday, I had two wisdom teeth extracted. It was complete drama. I had an emergency referral to get the teeth removed because I had been having severe toothaches, but when I met with the oral surgeon, she claimed the referral was only for a "consultation." I was all psyched up to have my teeth removed, so when she said, "We'll schedule you for about 3 weeks out," I was really upset.

I sat in the car and cried (fasting all day + being nervous about surgery + sheer frustration + postpartum hormones will do that to you) while Jay dealt with the oral surgeon and insurance. For once insurance had it together, so they told the dentist what was what. At that point, I wasn't sure I wanted her to remove my teeth anymore since she seemed so incompetent, but I went ahead with it anyway. I'm glad I did because at least now it's over and we were able to get it done while Jay still has time off and we still have so many wonderful people bringing us dinner. :)

3. On Monday, we got our Christmas tree! Like last year, we went to a tree farm and cut down our own tree. The kids really enjoy the tradition, and so do Jay and I. Below are a few pictures from our outing.

8 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

What sweet pictures of the crew.
I am glad you are making the event a tradition! Love you,
Mom

Robert and Katie said...

You seem to be missing a picture of a certain someone in this post... I'm waiting ;)

The Fear Fam said...

Uhhhhhh.... I'm confused. (I'm on vicodin after all...) Do you mean Calvin? He's the bundle in the snuglie. :)

Powers Fam said...

What is it about emergency wisdom tooth extractions that they are so traumatic? I had terrible pain, saw a dentist in the morning and he said you are going in for surgery in two hours. I had never had surgery before of any kind. They couldn't sedate me so I had about 14 shots and the gas. It was the worst experience ever! And they only took one tooth. The next time I had the rest removed and I was put under-so much better. I hope you are feeling better! How long do you get Jay at home?

Looks like you had a great time at the tree farm...or is that the vicodin?

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

Sorry about the tooth situation. At least it's done and over with. I had gallstones when I was pregnant with my 3rd. When she was three weeks old, I had to have emergency surgery to have them removed. I ended up with Jaundice (what kind of a freak adult is yellow???) and that was the big sign that we couldn't wait any longer.

That's awesome that you get to cut down your own tree. What a great tradition to have.

Robert and Katie said...

There is a blanket covering him that doesn't count

thomalee said...

I heard about your teeth...sorry! Hope you're feeling better real soon. I'm way impressed that you're out chopping down trees already! You all look so cute in your Santa hats :)

Sara said...

I am so IMPRESSED that you are out and about with a smile on your face after just having had Calvin and now some pesky teeth pulled?
Wonder Woman!!