Anyway... with a few days until Christmas I thought I would share a few of the handmade gifts I've made this year. For obvious reasons I can't show everything that I've made, but here are a few examples:
An apron for someone-who-I'm-not-going-to-mention-in-case-they-read-this-blog. It's a self-made pattern, by the way. I actually like this pattern better than the one I purchased! I made a few other aprons as well, but I can't show those yet.

Crayon rolls for some friends of the girls:
These are so fun and simple to make and are perfect for church. I found the tutorial here.



I am also in the process of finishing a quilt for my grandparents, which I am really excited about. A few months ago my mom stopped by my house with a bunch of fabric from my Nana, who doesn't really feel up to sewing anymore. Among (amongst?) the fabric was a half-pieced-together quilt front that Nana had started many years ago. Many of the quilt pieces were hand embroidered with the names and birth places of our family members. I decided that I should finish the quilt for her as a Christmas present, so that is what I'm attempting to do. Wish me luck!
And now I'm heading back to bed since it's 3:30 in the morning and I just got Calvin back to sleep. He actually slept from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. (which was exciting), but of course that meant he wasn't ready to go back to sleep as quickly as I was. :)


3 comments:
You are my hero! Those are awesome!
I'm glad you think so, Rita, because I made some for your two youngest as well. I'm a slacker, though, so they won't be there by Christmas.
I LOVe that apron! It's so cute. I wish I could follow a pattern, let alone create one! The crayon rolls are also so cute. A friend gave one of those to kennedy last Christmas. It's such a great addition to our church bag! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment