Monday, September 22, 2008

Baby Update

I realized I haven't really been talking about the pregnancy that much lately, and I suppose it's because there is just so much else going on. Now that the school year is in full-swing, and Jay is working 12 hour shifts, I don't spend nearly as much time on the computer. I guess that's a good thing, though. I was starting to get a wee bit of an addiction.

So, I am 29 weeks along and feel about 50. The older I get, the more energy pregnancy zaps out of me. I am healthy and all is well with the baby, I'm just even more tired than usual and have all sorts of fun aches and pains. I don't think I'm going to be able to walk the girls to school much longer, which really stinks. I always feel kind of silly driving to school since we live so close. You know me, I try to keep my carbon footprint low. ;) But, I don't really have much choice, so Al Gore will just have to get off my back.

Here I am, at 29 weeks, looking slightly frumpy:


And despite the fact that approximately 50 people told me how huge I am at church last Sunday, the doctor says I am measuring "right on target." So take that, people!!!

(I sound kind of bitter, don't I? Sorry. Blame the hormones.)

As far as cravings go, I'm craving anything icy. I'm going through Otter Pops like mad, and I'm eating the ice out of my water. (Very strange for me considering I usually like room temperature water.) I wonder if there's any old wives tales that can decipher this particular craving for me?

On the subject of baby names, we've taken a backward step. We had a boy name and a girl name all picked out, but as the Big Day approaches, we are starting to reconsider. Jay doesn't know why I insist on researching baby names so early in the pregnancy, because I always end up second guessing myself near the end. But hey, if I didn't start early, I'm pretty sure the baby wouldn't have a name until he/she was 3 months old! Hmmm... maybe a new poll is in order. I will put one together soon.

9 comments:

Powers Fam said...

You look great! You don't even look huge. At least the weather should be cooling down as you get into the really big part of being prego!

Gramma Betsy said...

I think you look great too!!!
Mom

Brenda said...

If it makes you feel better, Trevor thinks pregnant women are super sexy. Yes, I'm the luckiest girl in the world. And you look HARDLY frumpy. I think you look rather devine. I can't wait to be pregnant again...seriously.

Jeremy said...

I'll let Brooke comment on the 25 weeks = 50 weeks - not to diminish your hugeness any. :)

As for the ice... well... It's technically pica, a craving for unnatural, non-food stuffs, and specifically pagophagia. It can indicate low iron. You're taking your prenatals right?

Why do I know this? Because I chew ice ALL THE TIME. So I picked my physician-brother's brain. The wives' tale is that I'm... shall we say... "frustrated." But that's not the case, I swear!

OK, I'm leaving before I cause any more problems...

Meg said...

I ate ice chips four times a day with my Jake and craved smoothes with Nick.

The Fear Fam said...

Low iron...hmmm... that's what Jay said too. I will admit I am horrible about taking my prenatal vitamins. (I know, I know!) I guess I need to get better at it - stat! :) And I'm not commenting on the rest of your comment, Jer. :)

Janet + Craig said...

Good to see a pregnant picture of you there girl. I hated pregnant pictures of me and regret that for my kids sake.

Now, we need to talk about the purple stroller Dex is playing with... get that boy a CAR!

The Fear Fam said...

I was wondering when someone would comment about the stroller. Hey, I'll give him a stuffed pink glittery unicorn if it will help him walk! (A post will be coming up about that later this week. Exciting, I know!) :)

~A

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

New haircut? I think you look great. Pregnant woman are always so beautiful and glowing. Isn't that terrible when someone says something about how huge you look!!! UGGGG! Just shoot them the, "I know I know" (as if you'd actually agree) look and be done with it.