Sunday, October 28, 2007

Laundry and pumpkins and cake... oh my!

The weekend started with me pulling a week’s worth of disgusting, wet, smelly Academy laundry out of Jay’s bag and shoving it into the washing machine with as little physical contact as possible. After the laundry was clean and dry, Jay pressed his uniforms with a fancy military press. He’s a much better ironer than I am. At least that’s what I’ve told him.



After laundry and a little studying, we took a quick trip to a small pumpkin patch (aka: pumpkins in a parking lot). The girls were more interested in the bouncy house than the pumpkins, but eventually we were able to choose three.









Sunday was church, where Natalie was part of the Primary program presentation. (Primary is the name of the church organization for kids ages 3-12.) We were able to hear about what the kids have been learning all year, and Natalie did a great job with her part and with the singing as well. I can’t believe Bea will be in the Primary program next year. Time is flying!


We also celebrated Jay’s birthday today because his actual birthday takes place during the week. For his birthday I let him “bic” his head. Not only did that present make him happy, but it fit within our budget, too! Of course, he now looks like Lex Luther, but that is neither here nor there. In celebration of his bday, we had yummy lasagna and, of course, mayonnaise cake. Hey, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it!

Happy Birthday, schmoopy.


And now it’s Sunday night, he’s off to the Academy again, and I’m missing him. I do not like Sunday nights. This one is a little better than last week, but I have a feeling that even at week 20, saying goodbye will still be hard. To cheer me up from this depressing fact, I will end this post with a picture of my adorable son. How can anyone possibly be sad when looking at this face?

2 comments:

Scott said...

I was reading your post, and Will came over to see at the end and said, "Hey is that Natalie and Beatrice's baby, Dexter?"

of course, I then clicked on the OfficeTally link, and he said "Hey, that's Michael Scott".

We miss you guys.

The Fear Fam said...

Ha! You have one smart boy there. We miss you guys too! We should get together since I owe you some Shrutebucks!
~Amy