Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bea's Big Day!


Watch out world! Here comes Beatrice!








Finally. Bea is in preschool. It seems like the time between Natalie starting kindergarten and Bea starting preschool has crawled by. Everyday Natalie would come home from school and tell us about her day, and Bea would sit on the sidelines, sad and forlorn.

But no more!


Beatrice started Miss Samantha's class this week and she couldn't be happier. This class is special in that Bea is integrated with kids with learning disabilities. (Natalie was in this same program.) We like it because the kids play and learn together and there is no discrimination between the "typical" kids and the kids with disabilities. But what I'm really excited about is that Bea now has something of her OWN. She has her own class, her own teacher, and her own friends.

When she came home after the first day she was so proud to have her own school paperwork. (Nevermind that the paperwork was actually for the parents!) She insisted on keeping it in her special bin in her room, and I wasn't about to argue.

Neither Jay nor I know what life is like as a middle child because we are both the babies of our families, but I know it must be difficult for Bea. She wants to be "big" like Natalie but she also reverts back to acting like a baby in order to compete with Dexter. I really REALLY hope that being in preschool and making her own friends helps her find her place. She's so sweet and special... and we love her more than 1000 dinosaurs on top of 1000 mountaintops.




1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Um, wow. Jay... I heard you lost weight, but man. It looks like you could fit two of your butts in those jeans. (Not that I was looking or anything, I was just trying to figure out who that stranger was walking off with your daughters.)