Here is the inspiration pic:
We salvaged pieces from our torn-up deck to use as signs, and made a list of the places we wanted to include. We have so much extra paint lying around that we didn't need to purchase anything for this project. Once Jay, Natalie, and I got to work, it only took us an afternoon to complete it.
Here is our version:
I love it!
In case you can't read it, there is Never-Neverland, Narnia, Hogwarts, Baker St., The Shire, Pemberley, Emerald City, and Isengard / Mt. Doom. Now I know some of you will take issue with the placement of some of the signs (as in Pemberley and Baker St. should be pointing in more or less the same direction), but that is a level of nit-picking that will not be tolerated! :) I am geeky enough that I have already chastised about it.
Oh, and here it is with the broken vintage lanterns we found. They added just the right touch:
| click on the picture for a closer view |
Bea loves it too.




No comments:
Post a Comment