Saturday, December 22, 2012

Snowflakes

Hello my friends,

As usual, my blog is silent more often than not, and I'm sorry about that. Life gets in the way of blog posting, which I suppose is a good thing. I feel bad that I haven't sent any Christmas cards this year (again), especially when I have received so many sweet cards from you. I love seeing how your families have grown, and reading about the adventures you're all experiencing. I hope you all know how much we love you and miss you. Life is good for us, the kids are healthy and happy, and Jay and I  are a little chubbier than last year but still as in love as ever. We have so much to be thankful for. 


But the real reason for my post is to let you all know about an effort I just became aware of for the community of Newton, CT, and most especially for Sandy Hook Elementary. The website of the National PTA has posted the following: 

Welcome Students to a Winter Wonderland

When school resumes for Sandy Hook, it will be in a new building. Parent-volunteers are working to ensure that the students are welcomed back by a winter wonderland with the entire school decorated with as many unique snowflakes as possible. We encourage senders to be as creative as possible, remembering that no two snowflakes are alike. Please make and send snowflakes by January 12, 2013 to the Connecticut PTSA address at the bottom of this page.   


Please send all snowflakes and donations to:  
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514


There are other ways to help, and you can find them at the National PTA website linked above. I am planning on participating, and asking my Relief Society sisters in my ward to do the same if they are so inclined. I will be collecting the snowflakes and mailing them by January 4th. If you are local to me and would like to join in, please feel free to bring me your snowflakes and I will mail them all together. If you are not local and would like to participate, please do! You can mail the snowflakes to the address above.

It is so hard to know what to do when tragedy strikes, especially something as horrific as the events of December 14th, but maybe these snowflakes, along with our heartfelt prayers, will bring some small measure of comfort. 

I love you all, and am so grateful to count you among my friends. 

Don't know how to make paper snowflakes? Click here 




No comments: