Saturday, May 5, 2012

When The Cousins Were Here

Jay's sister, Rita, and five of her six children came and visited us during Spring Break. We had a lot of fun catching up with one another. And of course, we made sure to take them to some of Sacramento's hot spots. Like the pioneer school. :)

I love seeing them all lined up in a row. We're just missing Steven!

We also got a behind-the-scenes tour of the Capitol, and we're able to get on both the Senate and Assembly floors, thanks to Jay's "connections." :) We even peeked inside some of the Senators' desks. Some of those people are messy! Their desks rivaled mine in 3rd grade!



Most of the gang also took a trip to the top of the Capitol building cupola with Jay. Betsy, Dexter, Calvin, and I stayed behind. I've done it before and I thought the boys were too young, but when Dexter figured out what was going on, he was *not* pleased to be left behind. (We made it up to him about a week later, though. On his 5th birthday, Jay woke him up early and surprised him with a Daddy/Son outing to the Capitol, where Dex bravely made the ascent.)


You get really good reception up that high, right Rita?

The descent down can be even scarier than the climb, but everyone made it back safe and sound.


Thanks for visiting us (and putting up with us, too), you guys! You are wonderful!

No comments: