Friday, July 23, 2010

I Scream, You Scream ...


"The aftermath"


I cannot fit into my summer clothes, and I am blaming the extraordinary amount of ice cream and dessert options in the Sacramento area. They call to me, like a siren's song. Of course, I cave to the siren's song pretty easily, but that is neither here nor there.

The other night Jay and I went on a date (whoo hoo!), and after dinner we ate at Rick's Dessert Diner in downtown. It was the most perfect little place - a very authentic looking 50's diner that sold nothing but desserts, and amazing ones at that. I think I would probably work as their cashier sans pay as long as they provided me with a free piece of cake every night.

Also, as a family we continued our quest to eat at every bakery/ice cream/yogurt establishment within a 20 mile radius. The latest one was called Leatherby's, and it was delicious. It was after this excursion that I decided my summer wardrobe would have to consist only of elastic-waist skirts and Jay's t-shirts. (It was worth it, though!)


Doesn't Calvin look older with his haircut?

And one more of Cal, just because I can. He liked to put his ice cream in his water, add his napkin, and then take a swig.

Dex got a summer haircut, too, to go along with the chocolate ice cream on his face.

Sweet sisters
(This picture was taken near the beginning of the summer, before they started getting on each other's nerves every 5 seconds. When does the school year start again?)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I have been to that Leatherby's. Divine.

Gramma Betsy said...

Looks like fun! I miss all of you.
(I love the the haircuts! I thought Cal was Dex at first glance) Hope to see you soon.
Mom

Chris and Rita said...

Cal and Dex remind me of John and Adam a couple of years ago. John just turned 6 yesterday! Life goes by way too fast.They are so cute!

The Word Is Happiness said...

I loved this post. It made me miss good old sacramento. We sure miss the fear family! Seth and I were just reminiscing. Hope all is well with you guys!!