Friday, July 9, 2010

Beautiful Day


Last Saturday, Natalie was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a beautiful day. She was so excited and happy ... it was amazing to witness. We had many family and friends there to support Natalie, which just added to the sweetness of the day.

When we got home, Natalie took my advice and went upstairs to write down her feelings. She was up there a lot longer than I expected. I remembered doing the same thing over 19 (!) years ago, and over the years those pages have become priceless to me. Of course, I was 15 at the time, so my thoughts on my baptism are much different (and longer) than Natalie's, but nonetheless, what she wrote down was beautiful and heartwarming. I know she will treasure those words as the years go by.

The next day, as Natalie stood in the congregation to be welcomed as the newest member of our ward, her smile was ear-to-ear. It is obvious she is happy with the decision she made, and we couldn't be happier for her.




6 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

Beautiful family!!! Wonderful day. Glad I could be a part of it.
Mom

Shannon said...

SOOO cute. Sophia was baptized that same weekend! (Friday evening instead of Saturday morning).

Terry said...

Congratulations Natalie! We can't believe you are 8 years old already?! You look beautiful in your white dress !

Laurie Von said...

oh amy that is precious. u and jay are doin a great job. our kids are getting crazy old! yikes!

The Word Is Happiness said...

How exciting! What a beautiful post. :)

Sara said...

I can imagine how special this day was for your family. So sweet.

Love your dress BTW.