Wednesday, February 17, 2010

School Holidays Make Me Happy


Oh, how I am loving President's Week! I never realized how much I would love breaks from school, but I think it's possible that I enjoy them even more than the girls do. I love having all my kids home, safe and happy under our roof. And I must admit, I really love the lack of a schedule. I stay in my pajamas until Cal's morning nap, and it is heaven! (Although the Girl Scouts who delivered our cookies and the neighbors who see me run out to check the mail in the morning might disagree.) It's possible that by the end of the week I will be happy to send the girls back to school, but I sort of doubt it.


Have I mentioned that the weather here has been gorgeous? I am sure that is contributing to my happy President's Week mood.

Another thing that is contributing to my happy mood is that our good friends, the Oler's, came to visit! It was wonderful to see them. We ran around Sacramento, battled the crowd at Fairytale Town, boogied the night away at a church dance, and ate way too many cinnamon rolls. I loved having them here. Dexter loved it, too... he has asked about them every day since they left. He hasn't added them to his prayer list* yet, but I'm sure that's coming.

(*Dexter's prayers almost always go something like this; "Heavenly Father, keep this day. Papa come back, Grandma come back, Daddy come back. Jesus Christ amen.")

Here are Joyce and I, ready to leave for the dance. Surprisingly enough, the theme was not "Polka Dots," it was "Dancing with the Stars." We might not have had Oscar-worthy ball gowns, but we did get to ride in the 'Rolla, so we were feeling pretty fancy.


I think we looked pretty cute, if I do say so myself. It was either those outfits, or these:


I think we made the right choice.

Happy President's Week, everyone! And in the words of Dexter, "Oler's come back!"

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

"Have I mentioned that the weather here has been gorgeous?"

No, you hadn't. I thought you were just being courteous to the rest of us.

:)

Sara said...

So fun!!! Joyce told me they had a blast hanging out with your family...and mentioned some {GREAT} advice you have been given about handling kids at church.

You two are smokin hot ladies. Lucky hubbies. ;P

We have been enjoying the sun also. Woo hoo! love it.

Robin said...

Love you in Polka dots, mama! Sounds like lots of fun is being made around your house!

olers said...

Um, so it is a little late for me to respond on this, but aren't there copyright laws for posting pictures of people dressed like bugs. The Olers have soooo much fun, thanks for letting us come.