Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

We were slackers this year (again) and didn't do Christmas cards, but we trust that you all know how much we appreciate and love you anyway. This Christmas season has been busy, but we've tried to take time to continue family traditions, and make a few new ones as well. (The extended family white elephant gift exchange was a riot. I came away with the coveted basket of plastic fruit - the exact same one that was in my home as a child. Awesome!)

Oh, and right after Thanksgiving, our sweet youngest son turned 3. The poor thing ... his birthday falls right during our normal "get out all the Christmas decorations" time period. Last year I decided not to decorate for Christmas until after we celebrated Cal's birthday, but in my excitement this year, I completely forgot. So Cal's batman-themed birthday party had some very merry accents. Luckily he is too young to notice or care, but I vow to do better next year. No one's birthday should have to compete with another holiday! (Though I know many who do, and for them all I can say is, I'm truly sorry.)


And now he even has to share his birthday blog post with Christmas. *Hangs head in shame* Happy Birthday, Calvin, and Merry Christmas, too.


1 comment:

Mom said...

Mine turned 3 today! talk about sharing a birhtday with another holiday!! Merry Christmas