Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The world is changing...



Natalie's First Day of Kindergarten!


Well, the day arrived. Natalie started kindergarten and I don't think she could have been more excited. She was racing ahead of us as we went to drop her off, and when I asked her if she wanted me to walk her into her class or if she wanted to go by herself, she picked going by herself. And she didn't even look back.
Bea had a hard time, though. She cried a little and told us that she wanted to go to school with Natalie. I felt so bad for her. Jay & I tried to explain that she would be going to her very own preschool in a month, but that means nothing in toddler-time. So instead we took her to Hobbes for lunch and shared a blueberry coffee cake with her. It helped ease the pain.
Natalie told me that her favorite part of school today was "meeting a new friend." She didn't remember the friend's name, but that's OK. I'm just happy that she had a good time. I can't believe we have to do this all over again tomorrow! It will be much easier when we move to this side of town in two weeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So our world is a little crazy right now with the sale of the house (keep your fingers crossed), the move, school starting, the Academy starting, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do about work. Luckily they are all good changes. (Well, we'll see what happens with work.) I am just taking a deep breath and diving right in!! Not much else to do I suppose!


No comments: