Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All hail the graduate!

Well, it's official. Natalie has graduated from preschool. I will be the mother of a Kindergartener in just a few short months, and Bea will be in preschool herself.

The graduation ceremony was very cute. The preschoolers marched up onto the stage to "The Ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah...." Then Ms. Samantha led all the kids in singing some of the songs they've been singing this year, including "It's a Small World," which stayed in my head for two days. Natalie absolutley loved being on the stage (shocker) and sang along to all the songs and did all the hand moments. She stared at us the whole time with a big smile on her face.








The microphone was passed to all the students so that they could introduce themselves. I was impressed with how clearly Natalie spoke into the microphone. "My name is Natalie Louise Fear and I am four years old and next year I will be in kindergarten." Then Samantha handed out the graduation certificates. We clapped wildly for Natalie and it was obvious that she was very proud of herself.


Next year Beatrice will be in the same preschool and I'm sure she'll get as much out of it as Natalie has. Hopefully I will be at home by then, so I will be the one volunteering in the classroom. I know Jay has enjoyed volunteering because he was able to spend more time with Natalie as well as have a more intimate knowledge of what's happening at school. I will be happy to have that same opportunity.






The rest of our lives are moving along smoothly. Beatrice is growing and learning every day and both girls are very excited to take dance classes in July. Dexter is also growing like a weed. He's still in 3-6 month clothes but I won't be surprised if he grows out of them soon. He is usually a happy baby and my favorite part of the day is coming home from work and being created by his smiles and by big hugs from my girls.

Next up: Natalie's birthday and Jay & I's 6th anniversary! Time really is flying...





















No comments: